The official forums for the World of Warcraft guild, Conviction (formerly Convicted of Korgath). This guild is based out of the PVP server Bleeding Hollow.

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zoidberg
Initiate

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:47 am

After doing some research and talking to a few people there are going to be a few things that will become mandatory for our Heroic Nefarian progression:

1. Everyone will bring a spec to Nef progression nights that will maximize damage reduction/increases healing received
examples:
-Shamans speccing into Elemental Warding
-DKs bringing imp AMS/anti-magic zone
-Hunters speccing spirit bond
-disc/shadow/holy priests speccing into Inner Sanctum
-holy priests speccing into Blessed Resilience
-Rogues speccing Sub
-Warlocks speccing into Nether ward

2. Everyone will bring glyphs that will help reduce damage/increase healing received
examples:
-Spriests will glyph Dispersion
-Hunters will glyph Raptor Strike
-Mages will glyph Evocation
-Paladins will glyph Divine Protection

3. Mirror of Broken Images
-Obtained through Tol Barad Rep
-This trinket has a use proc of 400 magic resistance on a 1 minute CD.
-Will be able to be used on every other electrocute in p3
-Makes electrocute damage trivial
☼ IF YOU ARE EXALTED WITH HELLSCREAM AND DO NOT HAVE THIS TRINKET YET, GET IT!
☼ IF YOU ARE NOT EXALTED WITH HELLSCREAM YET, GET EXALTED

Remember: This fight is NOT a dps race. This fight is a fight where staying alive/making healers jobs' easier is CRUCIAL!

Please do not QQ about a slight dps loss because of these specs/glyphs.

ONCE YOU HAVE READ THIS, PLEASE REPLY SAYING THAT YOU READ THIS AND THAT YOU WILL BE PREPARED FOR NEF THIS WEEK. IF YOU DO NOT POST AND ARE NOT PREPARED, YOU WILL BE PENALIZED!
Back to top Go down
hizmfm

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:23 am

I'm already specced into nether ward
but I will glyph into soul link , that will give an extra 5% dmg reduction.
Also I am exalted with hellscream but need to grind out about 85 more commendations so ill work on getting the trinket
ASAP.hI
Back to top Go down
Nex

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2011-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:20 am

Already specced into Nether ward when i'm in my destro spec.
Back to top Go down
Voltage
Council

Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:12 am

Trinket and Glyphed Divine Protection are both check. Been using them on crackles since we first pulled H Nef, and man do they make a difference.

Nex

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:27 am

Since this is not a DPS race how about using

Aspect of the Wild - Nature resistance increased by 45.
or
Elemental Resistance Totem

Back to top Go down
svjetlo

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:10 am

way ahead of you there sport
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/
vash

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2010-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:04 am

Exalted with tb but need to grind tb dailies for the trinket otherwise will be prepared
Back to top Go down
Evlmonkey

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:07 am

im good niggy
Back to top Go down
Juicycrit
Initiate

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:18 am

I already bring my dmg reduction and increased healing to every raid in my normal spec, that being said, do I really have to do the pvp stuff for this? I tried once and got ganked and haven't been back (i'm neutral). I mean, I reallllly hate doing that stuff. Reallllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Back to top Go down
Pando

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:06 am

Got the Trinket so Im ready to roll
Back to top Go down
svjetlo

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:45 am

@Juicycrit wrote:
I already bring my dmg reduction and increased healing to every raid in my normal spec, that being said, do I really have to do the pvp stuff for this? I tried once and got ganked and haven't been back (i'm neutral). I mean, I reallllly hate doing that stuff. Reallllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

elemental warding is something completely different from and usuall resto spec, i
Back to top Go down
Juicycrit
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:52 am

I have things I can put in my normal resto spec like elemental warding, not saying i'm not running a nef spec. I'm more concerned over the fact that I have to do those horrible tb dailies.
Back to top Go down
svjetlo

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:54 am

@Juicycrit wrote:
I have things I can put in my normal resto spec like elemental warding, not saying i'm not running a nef spec. I'm more concerned over the fact that I have to do those horrible tb dailies.

I dont think the trink is needed for some classes, ie pallys (we take about 30%ish damage (full health) every crackle)
I dunno about what other classes need it or not.
Plus ill be running around with my head cut off healing add tanks, POTI "should" take care of me, unless im getting raped by tail lash.

Druids can spec into Perserverance too

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wyn1dlwgtgcryb4y/spell/94090/
If your near the top its an issue
Average seems to be around 55000ish

EDIT: underestimated
Back to top Go down
Stefano

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:26 am

Read it. I've had Evocation glyphed since level 20 in Wrath and it isn't going away, its pretty fucking awesome. I'm not really close to Exalted with TB though... But I think I may be able to work something out with shields or Cauterize, I can also start grinding though.
Back to top Go down
Juicycrit
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:28 am

@svjetlo wrote:
@Juicycrit wrote:

I dont think the trink is needed for some classes, ie pallys (we take about 30%ish damage (full health) every crackle)
I dunno about what other classes need it or not.
Plus ill be running around with my head cut off healing add tanks, POTI "should" take care of me, unless im getting raped by tail lash.

Druids can spec into Perserverance too

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wyn1dlwgtgcryb4y/spell/94090/
If your near the top its an issue
Average seems to be around 55000ish

EDIT: underestimated

If someone wants to log on my toon and do the dailies for me feel free. Otherwise...yea...
Back to top Go down
Evlmonkey

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:55 am

shanzy, not trying to come off douchey.. but how can you criticize apps so hard, when you're not willing to do a couple dailies for a week or so.
Back to top Go down
Juicycrit
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:59 am

B/c me hating anything related to pvp and expressing this many times is related to that? I can't believe that one comment is such an issue. You people are complete douche bags on apps, way worse than my comment, yea maybe it should have been in a separate forum but that app was still shady, whatever. I don't like pvp, i joined this guild to pve and like i said someone i trust can feel free to do those dailies. I hate getting ganked, hate it. I attempted those dailies once, got ganked and said fuck it, tried it with Josh, we got ganked and fought about it, nothing but bad memories from TB. No thanks.
Back to top Go down
Nex

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:13 pm

I can understand her point. There are just people out there that just do not like pvp at all. There are times i do my PVP dailies and i don't get ganked at all but then they are times that i'm getting attacked and attacked over and over. So when that happens i just logoff cause it is not fun anymore.

I see where the officers are coming from on getting this trinket and helping out but is taking to much damage really our problem in this fight. On alot of our wipes it has been tanks dying (which i think already have the trinket) or people not knowing what to do when they get Explosive Cinders. I thought we were doing fine with bubbles and all that stuff when Nef was doing his Electrocute
Back to top Go down
Juicycrit
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:18 pm

@Nex wrote:
I can understand her point. There are just people out there that just do not like pvp at all. There are times i do my PVP dailies and i don't get ganked at all but then they are times that i'm getting attacked and attacked over and over. So when that happens i just logoff cause it is not fun anymore.

I see where the officers are coming from on getting this trinket and helping out but is taking to much damage really our problem in this fight. On alot of our wipes it has been tanks dying (which i think already have the trinket) or people not knowing what to do when they get Explosive Cinders. I thought we were doing fine with bubbles and all that stuff when Nef was doing his Electrocute

I'd like to point out that the people near the top of dmg taken on electrocutes were those who were not under disc bubbles as well (pallies aside). I admit that my nef spec does not include warding but it includes every other pvp-ish talent (seconday spec, switches to ele on off nights). I will definitely be picking up warding, was hesitant to drop my GW but it's meh for nef anyway, just a crutch. Just really don't wan to do TB QQ.
Back to top Go down
Doomreck

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:24 pm

@Juicycrit wrote:
I hate getting ganked, hate it. I attempted those dailies once, got ganked and said fuck it, tried it with Josh, we got ganked and fought about it, nothing but bad memories from TB. No thanks.

As do i shannon.... and im sure atleast 50% of the guild hates TB and are still nuetral or ppl are exalted and already have spent the 100+ tekens on other things and dont wanna farm another 100....

With Water walking, it makes TB dailies almost 100% pvp free on the one island. Grab quests and run around the whole island while picking off the quests mobs.... As far as the Main isle... PvP should not really be a problem since Alliance are not here while we hold TB...

Now for the actual farming aspect, I see how Jono can say mandatory... Pretty much start working on getting this ASAP... That doesnt mean set an alarm and make sure your on every 2.5 hrs to get in TB... But so far, we have encountered 2 fights where this trinket would be stupid OP...
1. H Concalve - Yes we downed it with out 25 members having this trinket, BUT i'm sure not many of you noticed this, but When pando and Voltage finally did get this for this encounter, there wasn't as many tank death wipes...

2. H Nef - Now, My self personally think we could muscle thru this encounter as we are but i can't say for sure cause it hasn't happened. Now let's say this week we do just as good as last week and maybe better but keep dying in phase 3. The following week we do the same thing... and the same thing the following week.... At this point we bash our heads against the wall. Jono tells ppl to go get the trinket so heals aren't as intensive and heals have mana the last 10% where we hit brick walls due to mana... well there goes another 2 weeks of ppl farming...
If 2-3 more ppl can get the trinket each raid day... at some point, raid healing becomes very easy even if 100% of the raid doesn't have it. And can result in a day or even week earlier on a Kill.

Pretty much What jono is asking is that ppl do there best to get it asap... Hey, if we kill it this week, AWESOME... but i still think ppl should continue to work on aquiring this item cause who knows when we can run into this problem in progressiion again... having even 50% of the raid taking 20k less dmg during a raid wide dmg spike really does benefit the healers...

Work as a team, take stress off other players when able -------- My 2 cents
Back to top Go down
Zoidberg
Initiate

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:28 pm

@Nex wrote:

Yes taking too damage is a problem on this fight. Its a problem on EVERY fight. You know what happens when people take too much damage? They die. Yes we were doing fine with electrocutes in p1 BUT that phase is extremely controlled and easy. Where this trinket/specs will really shine is in p2 and p3 when people are taking massive damage and everything is chaos.

I honestly dont know why people are arguing this point. GET THE TRINKET. I can understand that you dont like PvP. Wait for others from the guild to do the dailies and you can steamroll everyone you see. Not hard. Why is it that whenever we have asked people in this guild to do something besides show the fuck up to raid, we get shit for it? Ever since PvP gear was introduced, there are PvE encounters that required you get some: Getting pvp gear to get your health high enough for Najentus, PvP trinkets for Archemond and others, and now this. There are a number of guilds in the world that make this trinket MANDATORY. Why you might ask? BECAUSE IT HELPS!
Back to top Go down
Perfektion
Initiate

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2011-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:20 pm

I am not even neutral with them so it will be awhile
Back to top Go down
Teeze
WoW Officer

Number of posts : 3678
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:45 pm

Read it and understood.

Started today! Already Honored.

Lets get some groups going every day, guys. We did it today with four of us and it took like 20 minutes. Very easy and quick, and Jon only got ganked once! Haha. Smile

Teeze - 110 Restoration Druid
Age doesn't depict how old you are.

Back to top Go down
Juicycrit
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:47 pm

I won't be as afraid if I'm with a group I guess, but I still won't enjoy it >.< Sorry i've been pissy, promise I won't be if you group with me (as long as I don't get ganked too much) Embarassed
Back to top Go down
vesper

Registration date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:47 pm

@Juicycrit wrote:
I won't be as afraid if I'm with a group I guess, but I still won't enjoy it >.< Sorry i've been pissy, promise I won't be if you group with me (as long as I don't get ganked too much) Embarassed

You have to realize theres an upside to world pvp and its gankin people to make them feel how you dont want to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   

Back to top Go down

Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next