The official forums for the World of Warcraft guild, Conviction (formerly Convicted of Korgath). This guild is based out of the PVP server Bleeding Hollow.

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Perfektion
Initiate

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2011-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:48 pm

How does a holy priest get ganked?
Back to top Go down
Zoidberg
Initiate

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:55 pm

@Perfektion wrote:
How does a holy priest get ganked?

i was shadow and i was alt tabbed
Back to top Go down
Tore
WoW Officer

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:20 pm

Read it. Spec'd already (also went ahead and took the 9% extra Stamina from the Enh's Toughness). Am Exalted, but it will be some time before I have enough Marks for the trinket.

I was doing some reading last night about grabbing Glyph of Stoneclaw, but I've heard mixed comments on its usefulness. I'll see how it goes on our first pulls.
Back to top Go down
Pando

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:15 pm

Ill protect some bro from some ally hoes
Back to top Go down
Brace
Raider

Number of posts : 642
Registration date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:55 pm

I mentioned my inner fire spec Smile I win and you told me meh when I suggested it.

Btw chances are that I wont have the trinket this week. I've got a test tomorrow plus work directly after. I might be late to some if not all raids. I'm currently working 7:30am to 9pm eastern 7 days a week. It's very annoying for me and I normally go 120 on the parkway. But there is strong chances i wont be late. Posting this on tgis thread cause i know you'll see it and I'm posting on my phone takes forever to load pages and I need to sleep just wanted to checm in before I was gone all day
Back to top Go down
Promiscuous

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2010-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:11 am

Read. Exalted with HR need to work on tokens
Back to top Go down
Havikkus
Initiate

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:48 am

Also warlocks who spec into that jynx spell should spec out of it...I remember on previous attempts somehow when warlocks got MCed it got applied to the raid. A CoE on the raid for electrocute is bad
Back to top Go down
Ishrn
Initiate

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:16 am

For those that want to avoid pvp, when we own the island those dailys are mostly pvp free (with the rare odd rogue). I used the trink on my first normal kill, seems reasonable to be using it for the first heroic. Going to reforge it so its ready to roll.
Back to top Go down
Juicycrit
Initiate

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:26 am

@Ishrn wrote:
For those that want to avoid pvp, when we own the island those dailys are mostly pvp free (with the rare odd rogue). I used the trink on my first normal kill, seems reasonable to be using it for the first heroic. Going to reforge it so its ready to roll.

Not true, that's when I did them and got irritated and logged b/c of the ganking. In fact, me and Josh went in there under that impression and got ganked to shit, in three different locations, and when they gank me that first time and realize I have zero pvp gear on, game over. If there's groups of more than two going, sign me up.
Back to top Go down
Nex

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2011-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:04 am

@Havikkus wrote:
Also warlocks who spec into that jynx spell should spec out of it...I remember on previous attempts somehow when warlocks got MCed it got applied to the raid. A CoE on the raid for electrocute is bad

I really don't think when you get MCed it casts your abilities cause the button bar changes.

Also - In phases 1 and 3, Nefarian will cast Domination at random on several raid members. The players will be mind controlled--however they will not attack the raid.
Back to top Go down
svjetlo

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:11 am

@Nex wrote:
@Havikkus wrote:

I really don't think when you get MCed it casts your abilities cause the button bar changes.

Also - In phases 1 and 3, Nefarian will cast Domination at random on several raid members. The players will be mind controlled--however they will not attack the raid.

pets will tho, tores ghost wolfs did
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/
Nex

Number of posts : 779

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:31 am

@svjetlo wrote:

Maybe hunter pets act differently not sure but everytime i got MCed my pet would stop attacking and come to my side. I do have my pet on passive not sure if the hunters do also.
Back to top Go down
Tore
WoW Officer

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:06 pm

Yeah I would have to keep hitting my Pet Attack button because the wolves would keep jumping on an MC. I've got that covered now, read up on it after it started happening.
Back to top Go down
Stefano

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:05 pm

@Nex wrote:
@svjetlo wrote:

Maybe hunter pets act differently not sure but everytime i got MCed my pet would stop attacking and come to my side. I do have my pet on passive not sure if the hunters do also.

I KNOW I saw Hunter pets attacking back, and I'm pretty sure I saw at least one Lock pet attack back. Pet interaction on this fight is really, really gay. Whats worse though is totem interaction (for me at least). If the totems are hostile and I pop my Flame Orb... it starts attacking them of course and immediately slows to a crawl, never to hit Nefarian. Mirror Images will also attack MC'd people, which isn't really bad and they use Frostbolt, so they at least slow.

Anyway, I'm not even Revered yet, but I've started.
Back to top Go down
Perpetrator
Initiate

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:52 pm

Reglyphed.
Back to top Go down
Gryffith

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2010-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:57 pm

doubt ill be geared enough for this fight anytime soon, but i should be exalted with the trinket in my bags by the next raid if it makes anyone feel better :p
Back to top Go down
Riggityrye

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:52 pm

Question about the trinket from TB. If im specced sub with enveloping shadows, which increases feint uptime by 3 seconds and makes me take 30% less aoe damage. That paired with the actual feint ability makes rogues take ~80% less aoe damage during feint uptime. In addition to, feint uptime was increased by 3 seconds, which means if we pop feint everytime its off CD we will only have 1 second of down time. Do I really need to get the trinket?
Back to top Go down
Doomreck

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:56 pm

@Riggityrye wrote:
Question about the trinket from TB. If im specced sub with enveloping shadows, which increases feint uptime by 3 seconds and makes me take 30% less aoe damage. That paired with the actual feint ability makes rogues take ~80% less aoe damage during feint uptime. In addition to, feint uptime was increased by 3 seconds, which means if we pop feint everytime its off CD we will only have 1 second of down time. Do I really need to get the trinket?

Im gonna go ahead and try to answer this one...

YES!!!!!!!...... when jumping into lava during p2... yes the stacking debuff from swimming in lava is weak but the trinket can make this dmg almost NULL and makes it that much easier on healers.... Lava isnt aoe dmg...

And even if you can get away with out using this... GET IT ANYWAYS!!!!! We might need it for chogal, maybe even for 50% of raids in FIRELAND... who knows!!! just get it and have it in your bags.
Back to top Go down
Doomreck

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:00 pm

To ALL:
Something was asked of us.... Stop trying to get outta of it.
Even if we NEVER use it, it shows you can follow directions and are willing to do what ever you have to do, duing progression.
Back to top Go down
Ishrn
Initiate

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:05 pm

I actually had an issue, I popped starfall and immediately was MC'ed and it did hit the raid...I also got face raped by a hunter pet one one attempt (during the hunters MC).

As for the islands, the one that normally remains free of the opposing faction in the one with the instance (south island) there are people there sometimes...but they have no reason to enter then mini dungeons (where most of the questing is done on that island). Not to say those dungeons are very safe, though, they have lots of fast spawning mobs in them.
Back to top Go down
Rawkstar

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:40 pm

requisite response?
Back to top Go down
killuchen
Initiate

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:22 am

I have read this and I will be prepared.
Back to top Go down
Havikkus
Initiate

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:43 am

I think hunters going spirit bond would be too much of a dps loss, but the raptor strike glyph should be more than sufficient enough during phase 2.

this is senpai
Back to top Go down
Evlmonkey

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:04 am

senpai, idk how much you know about hunters. but as BM, we take spirit bond, and as marks it is switch 2 points already in that tier to spirit bond. so the dps loss is really minimal
Back to top Go down
Teeze
WoW Officer

Number of posts : 3678
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:51 pm

People who still have not posted and agreed:

1. Doug
  2. Owl
  3. Dudder
  4. Hasted
  5. Kira
  6. Pansyman
  7. Riggity

You need to respond to this post so that we know you are aware of our expectations. We expect everyone to be actively doing dailies in order to obtain this trinket. No exceptions. We will penalize people.

Teeze - 110 Restoration Druid
Age doesn't depict how old you are.

Last edited by Teeze on Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:26 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets   

Back to top Go down

Heroic Nef specs/glyphs/trinkets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next